Inheritance tax planning
Well thought out inheritance tax planning could save your loved ones hundreds of thousands of pounds.
“…for the first time I felt as if someone took a genuine interest in my financial affairs.”
Inheritance tax planning is a highly complex area that requires careful planning, often over a number of years.
An effective approach makes use of:
- Exempt allowances (currently the threshold for a single person is £325,000, or £650,000 for married couples and civil partners)
- Transfers from an estate which would potentially be liable for inheritance tax. Arrangements can often be made for the transferor to retain control and continue to draw income these from assets.
At Barchester Green Investment, we can advise you on how to reduce your inheritance tax in a variety of ways, including:
- Making annual transfers which are exempt immediately from inheritance tax
- Gift allowances
- Discounted gift arrangements
- Loan trusts
- Business property relief (BPR)
- Establishing estate planning trusts
- Lifetime mortgages
- Arranging insurance in trust
- Ensuring that funds placed in trust are invested ethically
Our specialist knowledge in this area will ensure that you only pay as much tax as is necessary.
Contact us for a consultation with one of our advisers.