Barchester Green Investment is the UKs longest established FSA-regulated independent financial adviser (IFA) specialising in ethical and environmental investment.
We offer a wide range of services to individuals, social enterprises, charities and private business. We operate on either a fee or commission basis depending upon the requirements of our clients. Currently we provide advice on over £90m of clients’ assets.
We believe that taking independent financial advice can, and must, produce real benefits for you and your family in a number of crucial areas, including:
- Matching your investments with your ethical and environmental values
- Simplifying the administration of your financial affairs
- Putting in place a plan to make the most of your money
- Recommending other professional service providers where appropriate, such as legal or accountancy services
Barchester Green Investment is a Partnership – owned and run by the advisers and support staff. This means clients always deal with a business owner, giving you a committed and personal service. Find out more about our story.
Each year we donate 5% of our profits to charities and social enterprises according to three themes: people (poverty alleviation and human welfare), environmental causes and animal welfare.
The advisory process
In order to give you the most appropriate advice, we need to understand your circumstances in some depth. To do this we will ask you to fill in our financial questionnaire in detail. This includes your ethical and environmental criteria.
Once we have received your questionnaire we will schedule an appointment with you so we can discuss your circumstances.
At this meeting we will normally assess your attitude to risk, discuss your ethical concerns, explain our services and discuss any charges. The initial consultation is free and you are under no obligation to proceed.
Your adviser will summarise their recommendations in a clear, easy-to-read report. The report is always open to further discussion.
If you decide to proceed, your adviser will help you complete any forms and ensure your investments are properly set up. This may involve a further meeting in order to complete the necessary paperwork.
Follow up work/ongoing review process
Our aim is to build a long-term relationship with you, which, over time, will help you make the best use of your money.
Even the best financial plans will be subject to changes, either as a result of new taxation rules or as a result of changes in your circumstances. For this reason we recommend that you meet with your adviser at least annually.
We will write to you on an agreed date each year requesting a review meeting for a date that suits you.
At annual review meetings we usually cover:
- Performance against relevant ‘benchmarks’
- Changes in circumstances
- Portfolio rebalancing
- Changes to taxation rules
- Forward planning and assessing if your objectives changed
From the results of the review meeting, we then agree a new action plan.
Why choose Barchester Green Investment?
- Independent Financial Advisers
- In business for over twenty years
- Founder members of the UK Social Investment Forum
- Specialists in green, ethical and sustainable investment
- You will be working with a business owner – all of our advisers have a vested interest in the long-term health of the business
- A highly skilled back office team